Why can’t we just send them to Nancy Pelosi’s house?
At first I thought this must be a joke email – but NO…………..The San Franciso Sentinel is prouding reporting:
SAN FRANCISCO RECEIVES $8.75 MILLION GRANT FOR HOMELESSNESS MITIGATION
Mayor Newsom today announced that the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) has granted San Francisco $8.75 million as part of their Homeless Prevention and Rapid Rehousing Program within the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act.
Looks like we can add The San Francisco Sentinel to the list of Obama partners.
This IS NOT what this program was meant for – at least not what it was sold to us as – more snake oil:
These funds will allow San Francisco to:
· Provide short term rent subsidies for homeless San Franciscans
· Expand eviction prevention funding/programs
· Improve outreach to those at risk of eviction with particular attention to low-income neighborhoods and special needs populations
· Provide housing counseling assistance to renters who are victims of eviction or are at risk of eviction
· Provide services (e.g. case management, financial management) to renters who are victims of eviction or are at risk of eviction
· Provide legal services to renters who are victims of eviction or are at risk of eviction
Has anyone else noticed that these articles touting the Stimulus have all but stopped mentioning the creation of jobs????????????