This is the mindset of this administration. You didn’t support us – screw you.
Via Politico (emphasis mine):
Earlier in the day, White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs dismissed a suggestion that the backlash from police groups could be distressing to the White House, given that Obama has enjoyed a positive relationship with the law enforcement community.
“I think the Fraternal Order of Police endorsed McCain,” Gibbs fired back, referring to Obama’s Republican opponent in the 2008 election. “If I’m not mistaken.”
When a reporter pointed out that Obama had won the support of the Policemen’s Benevolent Association, Gibbs conceded: “We got some.”
Obama is speaking now……………..
Obama spoke with Sargeant Crowley. Per Obama;
- “I helped to contribute to this ratcheting up”
- “I could have calibrated this differently”
- He continues to believe that there was an over reaction on both sides
- Unbelievable – he taking credit for contributing to ‘constructively’ adding to the conversation
- A consequence of this event – “a teachable moment”
- Nope, still no apology.
Once again, Sargeant Crowley has outclassed the President.